Sunday, August 1, 2010

Wee Neighbors and Wee Text

Hooray! I'm thrilled about all the responses so far to the Embroidereading Contest. I feel like this is going to be a great way for me to see the work and words of so many of you who have supported my own through your reading and commenting on this blog. Thank you so much for your enthusiasm for this idea--I think we're going to have loads of fun!

Meanwhile, you may want to check out Corinne's brilliant Tips for Teeny Tiny Text. While I don't use a computer font when I embroider text (preferring as I do the "handwritten" look--ahem), you may want to go this route. And even if you don't, the tips are useful for words-type embroidery.

And in that photo up there? My first time using the tiny version of the oval hoop, and I decided to do wee neighbors in a garden. If you wanted to make something similar, I think it would be quite simple to modify my pink house tutorial--let me know if you try!

5 comments:

Cheryl G. said...

I bought two hoops and some fabric!
I may be able to do this by September 1st!
I absolutely adore your work!

ringmaster said...

this one is so sweet! i might need to try one!

Elissa said...

ooh! i iove these neighbors.

btw, my log in today? "sister". doesn't that rock? i only get these cool ones with you!

Judy said...

What a "Fun" site! I got here through "Craft Gossip"-Inspirations. I'll be back!!

Melissa Crowe said...

Glad you found me, Judy! Welcome!