Monday, November 25, 2013

Annabelle's Automaton Girl

Annabelle is once again gearing up for the homeschool co-op holiday craft fair, a great event that allows our kids to sell their creative wares, and I thought I'd share a glimpse of what she's working on, though I don't have a very good scan. She's experimenting with watercolors for the first time, which has me excited. Whenever she tries something new, I have the vicarious joy of glimpsing future mastery. I am a rabbit-hole girl, famous for wanting to immerse myself in a learning a skill (or researching a subject or watching all of one director's films, etc.) until I feel like I have it down--and then moving on to something else. Some things stick, of course--poetry, hand sewing. But I have only so much time and energy for new pursuits. It's a nice bit of parenting good fortune that having a daughter seems to stretch my capacity for feeling this particular brand of happiness and, certainly, my potential for feeling proud. :-)

2 comments:

liz said...

melissa, she's amazing and i am super impressed.
annabelle, i love it!! never stop.

Melissa Crowe said...

Thanks, lady. :-)